Record players have been considered antiques of yesteryears; the turntable enthusiasts and audiophiles have however stated that the atmosphere of recent times is just the contrary of yesteryears. As the younger generations are turning to their roots; the period when music was pure, simple and plain; it is safer to state that record players are still famous and in demand as they used to be.
See Also: Best Turntable Under $2000
Best Turntables Under 300
Pro-Ject, Roland, Tech, and U-turn are some brands that have graced the market with their premium quality turntables. In this article, I will showcase my preferences related to the best quality turntables with a reasonable and sound budget. Let’s discuss them in detail without any further delay.
#1. Fluance RT81
Fluance Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player with Audio Technica AT95E Cartridge, Belt Drive, Built-in Preamp, Adjustable Counterweight, Solid...
- PURE ANALOG LISTENING EXPERIENCE - Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to recreate the performance the way the artist intended
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CARTRIDGE - The Audio Technica AT95E featuring a diamond elliptical tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with greater precision & accuracy for high definition audio
PRODUCT: FLUANCE ELITE HIGH
Let me begin the discussion with Fluance RT 81; the external appearance of the record player has a plain look; it has top-shelf attributes. The technology adopted in this record player is bleeding edge; it also includes cartridges displaying high performance and has a highly dependent belt drive, has remarkable walnut cabinet and extraordinary signal clarity.
The most alluring feature is the sound quality of RT 81 which is unparalleled. The turntable boasts of performance which has high fidelity; this is due to the cartridge AT95E which has been taken from Audio Technica and the unique stylus which has a diamond tip. Thus the player can execute the track with utmost accuracy. The model also features a perfectly balanced aluminum tonearm; this resides deeply in the record’s groove without missing any details. Hence you will need only some moment to raise the level related to its playback quality.
As regards the exterior of the turntable this model has sturdy and solid wood cabinets and walnut polish. Thus the product is excellent both in matters of aesthetics and performance; the most appealing feature of this turntable is that it is the cheapest of the five products I am discussing in this article. Hence if you are in quest of quality and also feel insecure about pocket pinch then this is the safest option.
- It is cheap
- You will get an outstanding reward for the bucks paid
- The sound quality is impeccable and the tracking is very precise
- The features are of superb quality
- The cartridges deliver high performance
- Specific parts in the interior are bit flimsy
- Medium level versatility
#2. Roland TT99
- Motor: Brushless DC motor
- Driving Method: Direct drive
- Speeds: 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm
- Static balanced S-shaped tonearm
- Tracking Error Angle: 3 degrees or less
PRODUCT: ROLAND TT-99 3- SPEED
This company holds the responsibility of innumerable highly preferred record players and here I am showcasing their TT-99 special record player. Though the model has an expensive and modern look it is safe for your pockets. This is the best record player available below $300.
The model has a brushless motor that ensures soundless functioning and offers total reliability along with guaranteed convenience. You can play your 78, 45, 33 1/3 rotation records in this model; thus this turntable is extremely versatile when I consider the fact that I am looking for some fine quality turntables.
The tonearm is S- shaped and helps in accurately digging deep inside the grooves of the records. Finally, this model of Roland might be a bit expensive compared to the previous model but the value of this record player is exceptionally good it has sharp tracking and amazing sound quality; this machine boasts of higher quality features.
- The brushless motors are extremely reliable
- The tracking is remarkably precise
- The model is aesthetically sound
- The functioning is almost soundless
- There are three speeds options for selecting
- The troque is very poor
- Take your analog listening experience to the next level with advanced features not typically found on automatic turntables
- Balanced straight tone arm comes with a 1/2" mount universal headshell and AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge, giving you excellent high-fidelity performance
PRODUCT: AUDIO TECHNICA
This is one of the leading names in the turntable market; there are fewer reviews which feature a single model from the catalogue. To avoid carrying the designation of exceptional I examined the companies AT LP-3BK record player which is driven by a belt.
This turntable has plain look and you have the option of choosing between white and black colors if you dislike the original color. The records can be play backed at two specific speeds. This model also has inbuilt switchable phone and light method which has caused its exceptional quality. This company is quite famous for creating quality cartridges for turntables. This model is particularly famous for mobile magnet cartridges and stylus which have a diamond tip for the whole life. This model cannot be considered the best but it is phenomenal.
- It has amazing sound quality
- Stylus and cartridges are phenomenal
- There is an inbuilt preamplifier
- It is available in both white and black color variations
- The switches are flimsy and are formed of plastic
- Direct drive, high-torque motor turntable mechanism plays 2 speeds - 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records
- Fully manual operation with start / stop control
- Balanced S-Shaped tone arm with hydraulic lift control, anti-skate, height adjustment, and lockable rest
PRODUCT: CROSELY C 200
This is regarded as the godfather of all record players; this company rules the market ever since the craze for this product began; they even possess knowledge about how turntables can be created. Here I am presenting the reviews of this record player and believe that it will be liked by you as much as I prefer.
The model has a motor with high torques which ensures play backing of records at two speeds— 45 and 33 1/3 rotations/ minute. The model boasts of incredible stability as it also has a slip mattress underlying it; it also has a robust structure that enhances its features.
The model has a pre-installed cartridge of Audio Technica along with tone arm which are well balanced. It has hydraulic lift which can be controlled along with height management and anti-skate functioning.
- Beautiful external features
- The sound quality is superb
- Highly durable and superb stability
- The features are unique
- The model is quite heavy
#5. Teac TN-350-WA
- The Texas Instruments designed Analog to Digital converter allows you to transfer music via USB to your PC in order to easily archive your vinyl collection as CD quality digital audio files. Should you prefer analog signal transfer, the TN-350 also features a pair of gold-plated RCA connectors for connection to your existing audio setup.
PRODUCT: TECH TN-350- WA
I am concluding the discussion with this turntable which has belt drive; in the turntable industry this model holds a reputed name.
This record player comprises MDF cabinet which decreases external resonance. It has an inbuilt phone preamp, a terminal set which is gold plated and ensures avoiding oxidation of the head shell connectors. This record player can be judged as the best turntable below $300 due to its motor which has high torque and the outstanding hardware.
There are innumerable record players scattered in the market having various price ranges from different categories and searching for the best turntables below $300 may sound amiable but it is not that easy.
There are several brands available in the industry both at the underdog level and others at higher levels; exploring the disparity between the mediocre models and the highly valued ones can be quite a cumbersome job.
This is the reason which inspired me to conduct this review; to help you conveniently choose among a wide range of turntables and select your choice of record player according to your needs and budget.